"No Misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse." Jeffrey R Holland
I've learned a few things over the past week of travelling and moving my family to N.Dakota.

- Kids don't mind moving as long as adults make it sound fun and exciting.
- Ellie hates the water even in a swimming pool. But the adage "just pull off the bandaid" is so true. We took off Z's life jacket at the pool. After months of unsuccessful swimming lessons and after 5 minutes she was swimming around!
- Kids can make you laugh even when you feel like crap and are having a nervous meltdown!
- Kids don't need practically any toys. Emmett played with his little cars with paper roads that I made for him for two days straight. - AND: After whining a little to a lady I met about being stuffed in our apartment, she kindly told me that she has been in a FEMA trailer with three small children since June. That's only about 600-700 sq ft...in the winter. Oh - and they are living there because their home is destroyed. Zing. Life is all in how you look at it. Let me tell you it humbled me up pretty dang fast!! Even the cable guy who came to the apartment said he was surprised at how much "space" I had in this apartment compared to others.


4 comments:
it does look like a spacious apartment, but after being in your huge, gorgeous house that could be a hard adjustment. :)
Glad you made it!
love you Anna! I think Minot needed YOU and that's why you're there! ;) Just remember to find the adventure in it all and you can look back on it fondly from the amazing retirement home you buy in Hawaii ;)
Suz
I can't believe you're gone already!?! We should have gotten together one last time. I hope you're surviving ok!!
It seems like you are making the best of everything. We sure miss you!
The apartment looks pretty big from that angle. Either way you will survive :)
Post a Comment